Eco-friendly wedding ideas
Let’s face it…limiting waste, and keeping the environment in mind is always a feel-good action!
Here at The GrandWay, we have a focus on several energy-efficient initiatives. Fun fact, because we are a not-for-profit, operated by Grand River Agricultural Society (GRAS), the revenue from our events flows through GRAS to go back into helping our local community. Something we and hopefully you will be proud of! We want you to feel good booking with us.
The GrandWay is a brand new events centre and we have been using many waste reduction and eco-friendly practices since our opening in 2019. Here are some at a glance:
- Organics recycling initiative:
- Our kitchen uses a service that collects and delivers all their organics to an offsite farm in Arthur where it gets blended into their organic soils.
- Food diversion initiative:
- If there is leftover food product, we use Second Harvest to donate it to a local organization in need.
- The kitchen now uses all recyclable and organic containers.
- There are many more of our green initiatives listed in this GRAS blog: https://grandriveragsociety.com/blog/gras-is-greener/
Consider being eco-friendly when it comes to your wedding. Here are some ideas to make your wedding a little more eco-friendly:
- Use Facebook Marketplace, Kijiji, or go thrift shopping for used wedding decor.
- There is so much online to get at a great price, it is definitely worth the investment of time.
- Or buy material to make your own decor and sell it afterwards!
- Vintage wedding dress shopping
- Reusing your mum’s or grandma’s wedding dress? Either reconstruct it into a new dress or alter the current one to fit you.
- Shop at a vintage shop.
- Here are some more eco-friendly wedding dress shopping ideas:
- Find a bridal shop that sells gently used wedding dresses/consignment wedding dresses. Here are a few options to check out:
- Book a venue that has the environment in mind…cough cough…The GrandWay!
- We love these other ideas to make your wedding more eco-friendly are here: